- Last Updated on Saturday, 31 August 2013 08:53
- Published on Friday, 30 August 2013 22:25
- Hits: 4317
It appears reduced speed and rumble strips are not reducing accidents on the stretch of State Route 205 in front of Halls Supermarket.
At approximately 4:30 p.m. three vehicles where involved in an auto accident in front of the second entrance to the store.
According to the driver, a compact white Nissan pickup truck driven by an adult male was traveling on 205 towards Colonial Beach. The Nissan was behind a large black pickup. Both pickups were in the left turn lane in the center of 205. The large black pickup truck appeared to be turning into the parking lot of the supermarket, when he hesitated and turned back toward the turn lane.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 08:59
- Hits: 1811
Randy James is asking the Colonial Beach Town Council to donate the Klotz Building, located at 6 North Irving Ave., to his charity, The Paul Stefan Home for Expectant Mothers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:16
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:08
- Hits: 3013
In 1883, the father of Alexander Graham Bell – noted Scottish teacher and researcher Alexander Melville Bell – bought a newly constructed elegant home on the banks of the Potomac River in Colonial Beach. Today, the historic Bell House is still welcoming visitors after more than 230 years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 05:04
- Hits: 2078
80 runners turned out for the 5K race for the CBVFD on Saturday, Aug. 24. Many thanks to all the sponsors, and of course to the runners!
photo by Bonnie Gouvisis
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:08
- Hits: 2552
Wendy Erskine, who has been helping save cats for many years, needs a helping hand. Since her husband died a year ago, she has been coping well, but recently, she broke her wrist.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 10:47
- Hits: 1811
Two Maryland cars won top honors at the 34th Annual Rod Run to the Beach in a competition held last weekend, despite cloudy skies and occasional rain, as a part of the event sponsored by the Colonial Beach Education Foundation.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:52
- Hits: 1349
At a joint meeting between the Colonial Beach Town Council and the School Board, Chairman Tim Trivett updated the council on the steps involved with relocating the elementary school to the high school campus and the current conditions at the high school. All members of the school board were in attendance, and only Tommy Edwards and Tim Curtin where unable to attend from the council.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:55
- Hits: 2171
National Night Out began in 1984, to allow citizens and law enforcement to get together to help fight crime. Activities are designed to engage both young and old, educating the public on current laws and raising awareness on how law enforcement protects citizens.