- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 17:02
- Published on Wednesday, 25 December 2013 17:02
- Hits: 2296
With the help of Jerry Davis, Executive Director of the Northern Neck Planning Commission, the efforts to secure the revitalization grant for Colonial Beach are shaping up. Davis is following in the tried and true footsteps the commission used to help Montross, which has already been successful in securing a half million dollar revitalization grant and has started to implement the plan.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:12
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 17:12
- Hits: 2535
Bertha Peyton and Amy Molinares didn’t quite know what joy they would receive when they adopted a family for Christmas through Social Services.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 16:58
- Published on Tuesday, 24 December 2013 16:58
- Hits: 2312
The popular Australian rock band, LONGREEF, is releasing a new single designed to raise awareness about bullying and a video featuring children from Colonial Beach and several members of the Colonial Beach Police Department.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:11
- Published on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 09:11
- Hits: 2101
Santa came to Colonial Beach Dec. 7, and there were hundreds of children waiting for his arrival. “The line to see Santa lasted four hours,” said Colonial Beach Mayor Mike Ham.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Hits: 2139
Local Cub Scout Pack #258 recently toured the Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad station, where they learned life-saving first aid skills and also practiced Hands-Only CPR by squad members. “The scouts had to visit an important local building as part of their badge requirement, and we were very proud that our station house was selected,” said Wesley Melson, CBVRS Rescue Chief.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:03
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:02
- Hits: 1929
Mrs. Mary Virginia Stanford helped Dr. Peter Fahrney present Music Teacher Ashley Gingrich and her band students a check in the amount of $1,000.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:43
- Hits: 2732
The recently opened indoor Peddler’s Market in Colonial Beach is ready for what it hopes will be a successful holiday shopping season. The Peddler’s Market is located in a newly remodeled 10,000 square foot space where the old Rankin’s Hardware store was located before it moved to the other end of Colonial Plaza.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Hits: 2312
Single-family dwelling restrictions challenged separately by council and property owner bear a striking resemblance
On Nov. 19, Colonial Beach property owner Sharron Fortier appealed the decision of Colonial Beach Building and Zoning Director Gary Mitchell, who had determined that, according to Article 7 of the zoning ordinance, her property, located in the town’s resort commercial district, could not be used as a single-family dwelling. Coincidentally, in September of this year, amendments to Article 7 were put on hold at the town’s council level by now-former council member Tim Curtin, and three other council members. The changes proposed to Article 7 did not affect the section of the ordinance that covers the disallowance of single-family dwellings within the Commercial Resort District.