- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:39
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:39
- Hits: 1883
Auditor Billy Robinson, of Brown Edwards & Company, LLP, issued the Town of Colonial Beach a clean opinion for fiscal year 2013, at the Nov. 21 town council work session. Mayor Mike Ham congratulated both the town and school board’s financial employees for their work. “This is the third year we have had a clean opinion, and it seems to be getting better every year.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:25
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:24
- Hits: 2427
Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad claimed the highest number of awards at the 79th Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squad (VAVRS) Conference, held recently in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:21
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:19
- Hits: 2089
A little something special was added to this year’s Annual Colonial Beach Rockfish Tournament, sponsored by the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department, and hosted by Dockside Restaurant and Blue Heron Pub.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:09
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:09
- Hits: 1840
VFW Post 10574 of Colonial Beach hosted the Veterans Day program paying tribute to all veterans of the United States.
Mayor Mike Ham welcomed guests and thanked veterans for their service.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1762
Charges had cost him his job
A former Colonial Beach police officer, who lost his job last year after being charged with malicious wounding and strangulation in connection with a dispute in Fredericksburg, has been found not guilty by a jury.
Kevin Murrell, 32, currently a resident of Stafford County, was found “not guilty” by a jury on Friday, after a two-day trial in Fredericksburg Circuit Court.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:31
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:30
- Hits: 1793
Forecasters are predicting a cold, wet winter season, and Colonial Beach resident Sherry Lee is helping residents get ready by providing free coats, gloves and scarves for those in need.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:27
- Hits: 2768
Dump Truck Driver Patrick Patterson and Foreman George Harris look on while Ethan Taylor gives hand signal directions to Bryant Lynch, operating the excavator.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Hits: 4266
Steven Keene, General Manager of All-American Harly Davidson of Hughesville, Md. wants to bring BikeFest to Colonial Beach. He recently met with Carey Geddes, Director of the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and Brian and Vickie Coffman, owners of High Tides Restaurant about creating such an event before presenting the idea to Colonial Beach Town Council during their Sep. 26 work session.