- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:11
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:06
- Hits: 2044
Joyce Gunderson, owner of Raggs clothing store in Colonial Beach, held a fashion show at Riverboat on the Potomac on Saturday evening. Proceeds from the event went to the CBVFD-LA.
Photos by Bonnie Gouvisis
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:54
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:54
- Hits: 2230
Related Apartment Preservation (RAP) is back in Colonial Beach asking for a reference for financing their project to upgrade Riverwood Apartments.
In 2008, RAP approached the Colonial Beach Town Council with a similar offer. At that time, RAP was
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:25
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:06
- Hits: 2332
What began as a vacation trip for one local artist ended with the Colonial Beach Artists’ Guild “talking trash” to the town’s officials.
Elcy Leshley traveled to Abilene, KS, last year for vacation and observed that the town had artwork painted
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:56
- Hits: 2198
Nine new palm trees. A large new outdoor grill. An enlarged and improved stage. Newly painted tropical colored chairs. Wines from the Trump Winery. And, almost 40 popular bands on the schedule.
With another summer at the beach right around the corner, High Tides on the Potomac plans to be ready! The family built and owned restaurant and bar has become an essential part of the food, fun and music that
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:53
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:47
- Hits: 1479
Colonial Beach offered temporary agreement with Westmoreland County
Town staff has been trying to iron out details to comply with new mandates concerning soil erosion and sediment control measures that were put in place prior to March of 2012.
Changes occurred when the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) combined the Chesapeake Bay Act, the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program (ESC) and the Stormwater Management Program
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Hits: 2617
James Santos lived in Florida for 41 years. He had heart surgery in 2009, and lost his job because he couldn’t work. Then he lost his home to foreclosure and had to sell his car to pay bills. And, then his favorite dog died. “We’ve been struggling,” he said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:12
- Hits: 1761
Colonial Beach Building and Zoning Director Gary Mitchell is optimistically preparing for the Town of Colonial Beach to be awarded a $750,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), by creating a facade improvement program.
The Town of Colonial Beach has resubmitted its application for a CDBG from the Virginia Department of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:55
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:07
- Hits: 1581
Colonial Beach Town Council deliberated for almost an hour to decide to whom to award the lease agreement for the building on the Boardwalk located at 108 Taylor St.
In the past, competition between the leasers of this location and nearby vendors had turned into a media circus and been nicknamed “The Hot Dog War”.