- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:53
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:53
- Hits: 77
This jelly cupboard was an estate sale purchase in Maryland many years ago. The wood is chestnut, and the piece at one time was painted. The present owners stripped and refinished it. The piece is solid, in good condition, but the keepers for both latches are missing, and the doors tend to swing open.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:32
- Published on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:32
- Hits: 217
A couple from Washington bought this watchmaker’s cabinet at an antique mall about 10 years ago. The wood is maple and other mixed woods, and the pulls are brass. When they got the piece home, they found a number of watchmaker’s tools still inside the drawers. The overall condition is excellent, and the piece has not been refinished. It bears no label or signature indicating where it was made. The back is unfinished. The stool is not original to the cabinet. The owners now are interested in selling it.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:09
- Published on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:09
- Hits: 657
This Victorian parlor table belongs to a Northern Neck family who inherited it many years ago. The wood is walnut, and the family thinks the finish is original. Although the picture appears to show a round table, the top is oval.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Hits: 644
This week we have a set of Limoges plates and a Rose Medallion teapot. The plates include a large cake plate and 12 individual plates, all marked J. Pouyat, Limoges. All are in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. The teapot is unmarked.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Hits: 448
This Victorian marbletop table comes from a local family who inherited it from an uncle many years ago. The marble is in excellent condition, and the walnut frame is has the original finish. The piece is sturdy, and although decorative, the owners have been considering selling it, and question what price to ask.