- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Hits: 45
This week we have a set of Limoges plates and a Rose Medallion teapot. The plates include a large cake plate and 12 individual plates, all marked J. Pouyat, Limoges. All are in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. The teapot is unmarked.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Hits: 150
This Victorian marbletop table comes from a local family who inherited it from an uncle many years ago. The marble is in excellent condition, and the walnut frame is has the original finish. The piece is sturdy, and although decorative, the owners have been considering selling it, and question what price to ask.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:05
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:05
- Hits: 206
Many years ago a family inherited this Victorian marbletop table, which they had cut down to make into a contemporary coffee table. The wood is walnut, and the marble is in excellent condition. The finish is original. It is now 16 inches in height.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 11:13
- Hits: 213
This mahogany chest belongs to a Northern Neck family, who purchased it from an antiques shop many years ago. The secondary wood is oak, and the hardware and finish are original. The owner thinks that the ogee bracket feet are also original. All of the drawer locks work with the same iron key.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:26
- Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 11:26
- Hits: 216
This cylinder-front desk formerly belonged to a Washington lawyer, and has now been inherited by his children. The wood is mahogany with English oak secondary wood. All of the brass inlay and trimming are in place, and the overall condition is excellent. The cylinder works quite well. They have asked whether to polish the brass.