- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:13
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:13
- Hits: 242
This diminutive humpback trunk belongs to a collector from Middlesex County. He has an extensive collection of various trunks, most of which are in good original condition. The leather handles are missing, and it appears never to have had an interior tray. It is 16 inches wide, 12 inches high, and 10 inches deep. The finish is good, but the lock is missing. The paper lining on the inside is in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 13:43
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 13:43
- Hits: 234
This cut glass pitcher belongs to a family with long ties to the Northern Neck. It is in excellent condition, and occasionally still is in use for iced tea and lemonade. The owners have been unable to find any identification on it.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:55
- Hits: 249
This Aladdin oil lamp was purchased on December 20, 1920, by the grandfather of a local lady. Remarkably, it has survived with all of its original parts, including the 27-page instruction booklet that gives detailed information on caring for the lamp. The back page of the booklet has the warranty made out in the purchaser’s name.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:11
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:11
- Hits: 253
A gentleman formerly from Alexandria, now living in the Middle Peninsula, recently purchased this handmade toolbox. The wood is pine, and the interior tray is intact. The interior shows signs of good wear over a long period of time. The hardware is original. On the lid is a small brass plaque with the maker’s name and address. Interestingly, it has the earlier telephone letter exchange, rather than the later numerical one.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:45
- Hits: 295
This American Empire Grecian couch belonged to a gentleman who recently died, and it is now to be disposed of by his estate. The primary wood is mahogany, both solid and veneer, and the secondary wood is pine. Aside from a few veneer nicks, the overall condition is excellent. At present the couch does not have a bolster.