- Last Updated on Monday, 24 June 2013 12:17
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:17
- Hits: 1434
The daughter of a Northern Neck lady has sent this picture of her Victorian settee that she would like to sell. The wood is walnut, and she writes that it is carved in the Eastlake manner. The two rear casters are missing, and reupholstering would be timely. She notes that the piece also needs strengthening.
This settee undoubtedly was originally part of a parlor suite that included a gentleman’s chair, a lady’s chair,
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 June 2013 14:07
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:05
- Hits: 1573
These two Victorian side chairs belong to a lady in the Northern Neck. They are walnut, and recently the owner had them refinished and recaned. The caning is hand-caning, rather than pressed caning. They are sturdy and in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:29
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:26
- Hits: 2148
The gentleman who had last week’s two stoneware pieces also has these two cookie jars. Other than the expected wear, they are in excellent condition. The yellow one has hand-painted floral decoration, whereas the brown one is unadorned. Both have their
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:16
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:16
- Hits: 1828
These two pieces of stoneware recently came out of a Northern Neck family’s basement. The owners do not know how long they have been there, or where they originated. The crock is unmarked, save for the blue flowers. It has two chips on the rim. The jug bears the inscription, “UNFERMENTED COMMUNION WINE” and below it the
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:30
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:27
- Hits: 1500
Recently a family moved to the Northern Neck where they purchased a house with this chandelier hanging in the dining room. It does not match their décor, and they have asked how to proceed in selling it, as they are anxious to replace it with a modern fixture. They do not know the make, nor whether it is crystal or glass.