- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 12:27
- Published on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 12:27
- Hits: 488
These two figurines are Staffordshire jackfield spaniels that belong to a family in the lower Northern Neck. They have come through several generations, and are in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 October 2015 12:31
- Published on Wednesday, 14 October 2015 12:31
- Hits: 536
The mother-in-law of a local lady left this nutcracker to her many years ago. She has used it as a doorstop.
It never has shown any signs of rust, except for the heads of the two screws on the bottom that attach the dog to the base. The surface is dull, and will not polish. It is unmarked as to maker or location, and is very heavy.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 09:21
- Published on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 09:21
- Hits: 400
Homeowners about to embark on home improvement projects should prioritize dust removal to avoid the potentially negative side effects of exposure to lead dust. When undergoing a renovation, homes built before 1978, the year the use of lead paint was banned, are likely to produce lead dust, which occurs when lead paint is sanded or chipped. That dust can be especially harmful to children, pregnant women and pets.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:55
- Published on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:55
- Hits: 492
This lady’s work table has belonged to a family from Richmond for several generations. The wood is mahogany with pine secondary wood. The milk glass knobs possibly are Sandwich glass, and the legs are well carved. The leaves raise to form a larger surface, thus in effect it is also a Pembroke table.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 10:54
- Published on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 10:54
- Hits: 514
This blue-and-white pitcher has belonged to the same family for over 50 years. It is 12 inches high, and bears no maker’s identifying mark, but someone has handwritten the word ”Omega” on the bottom in silver lettering. The bottom also has more blue floral decoration on it. The pitcher is in excellent condition. They have asked if the piece is Flo-Blue.