- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 334
This mahogany two-drawer cabinet belongs to a family who inherited it from their French ancestors, although family tradition holds that the piece is Dutch. Aside from a few small dings to the veneer, it is in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:25
- Published on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 10:25
- Hits: 361
This French three-drawer table is one of a pair belonging to a writer from Northern Virginia. The woods appear to be mahogany and a type of elaborately grained maple. The top, which does not show well in this photograph, is finely inlaid marquetry in a floral pattern. The owner writes that they have been in her family for many years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:13
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:13
- Hits: 314
This diminutive humpback trunk belongs to a collector from Middlesex County. He has an extensive collection of various trunks, most of which are in good original condition. The leather handles are missing, and it appears never to have had an interior tray. It is 16 inches wide, 12 inches high, and 10 inches deep. The finish is good, but the lock is missing. The paper lining on the inside is in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 13:43
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 13:43
- Hits: 294
This cut glass pitcher belongs to a family with long ties to the Northern Neck. It is in excellent condition, and occasionally still is in use for iced tea and lemonade. The owners have been unable to find any identification on it.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 09:55
- Hits: 318
This Aladdin oil lamp was purchased on December 20, 1920, by the grandfather of a local lady. Remarkably, it has survived with all of its original parts, including the 27-page instruction booklet that gives detailed information on caring for the lamp. The back page of the booklet has the warranty made out in the purchaser’s name.