- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:32
- Published on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 12:32
- Hits: 464
A couple from Washington bought this watchmaker’s cabinet at an antique mall about 10 years ago. The wood is maple and other mixed woods, and the pulls are brass. When they got the piece home, they found a number of watchmaker’s tools still inside the drawers. The overall condition is excellent, and the piece has not been refinished. It bears no label or signature indicating where it was made. The back is unfinished. The stool is not original to the cabinet. The owners now are interested in selling it.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:09
- Published on Tuesday, 23 September 2014 15:09
- Hits: 920
This Victorian parlor table belongs to a Northern Neck family who inherited it many years ago. The wood is walnut, and the family thinks the finish is original. Although the picture appears to show a round table, the top is oval.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 09:37
- Hits: 1033
This week we have a set of Limoges plates and a Rose Medallion teapot. The plates include a large cake plate and 12 individual plates, all marked J. Pouyat, Limoges. All are in excellent condition with no cracks or chips. The teapot is unmarked.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 11:46
- Hits: 623
This Victorian marbletop table comes from a local family who inherited it from an uncle many years ago. The marble is in excellent condition, and the walnut frame is has the original finish. The piece is sturdy, and although decorative, the owners have been considering selling it, and question what price to ask.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:05
- Published on Tuesday, 02 September 2014 14:05
- Hits: 471
Many years ago a family inherited this Victorian marbletop table, which they had cut down to make into a contemporary coffee table. The wood is walnut, and the marble is in excellent condition. The finish is original. It is now 16 inches in height.