- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:57
- Published on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 10:57
- Hits: 336
This McCoy pottery vase came as a Facebook inquiry. It is a fine piece of the company’s production, and dates from the early twentieth century.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 10:36
- Hits: 248
Earlier this month our family made a two-week trip to France. Despite poor airline service we had a wonderful jaunt that included several days in Normandy. While there we waded out in the water at Omaha Beach, and climbed to the top of Mont Saint-Michel, the island monastery off the Norman coast.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 12:50
- Published on Wednesday, 23 July 2014 12:49
- Hits: 249
A lady in the Northern Neck inherited this Victorian sofa from her brother, who was a prominent decorator and antiques dealer. It was in what possibly was the original horsehair upholstery, and she has had it recovered in the present floral pattern, fortunately retaining the original tufting pattern in the back. The upholsterer referred to the sofa as being English Victorian.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 13:06
- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 13:06
- Hits: 256
This French armchair belongs to a lady whose father used it as his desk chair. She thinks it is 200 years old, and she has owned it for over 50 years. She has had the seat re-rushed by Amish craftsmen in Southern Maryland, who also strengthened the structure without obviously altering it. She also thinks the wood is oak.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:47
- Published on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:47
- Hits: 273
This mahogany two-drawer cabinet belongs to a family who inherited it from their French ancestors, although family tradition holds that the piece is Dutch. Aside from a few small dings to the veneer, it is in excellent condition.