- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:23
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:23
- Hits: 1706
This stoneware jug was a recent donation to a local charity, which has inquired as to its value. The rim has a small flake out of it, and one of the glazed slips has burst. Otherwise the condition is good. It is marked in blue with a stylized “4” and a drawn dragonfly, the latter being obscure. The jug is 18 inches high.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:09
- Published on Wednesday, 19 March 2014 11:09
- Hits: 518
This iron fire brigade toy comes from a Northern Neck family, whose son played with it as a child almost 70 years ago. It is in excellent condition, including the surface of the paint. The former child says that he took good care of his toys. The end product bears out his statement.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:19
- Published on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:19
- Hits: 578
A lady in Kilmarnock inherited this pair of oriental tables many years ago. She thinks the wood is teak, and the overall condition is excellent, save for one of the lower stretchers that has been broken and taped together with black electric tape. The stains on the top are from two jardinières that contained plants. They are unmarked as to origin, and are 22 inches high.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 11:01
- Hits: 670
These two small pitchers are part of a larger pitcher collection that belongs to a Northern Neck family. The cream pitcher on the left is marked “Hall”, and the lustreware one on the right is unmarked. The Hall piece is 3” high, and the other is 4”. Both are in excellent condition.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:35
- Hits: 586
A gentleman from the lower Northern Neck found this Japanese tea service packed away in his barn. It includes the teapot, lidded sugar, creamer, six cups and saucers and six dessert plates. All of the pieces are in excellent condition, and most are marked with a stylized leaf design on the bottom, with “Made in Japan.”