- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 15:24
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:17
- Hits: 1194
A couple of years ago a Kilmarnock couple inherited this oak hall tree. It retains the original finish and has all of the original brass-plated iron hooks. The mirror is beveled, and the piece is in excellent condition. The seat lifts to reveal a place for storing shoes. As they cannot use it in their home, they are planning to
- Last Updated on Monday, 08 July 2013 15:55
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 00:19
- Hits: 1248
A family near Kilmarnock recently inherited this oak sideboard. They are considering selling it as none of the heirs has room for it. The finish is probably original, and the condition is excellent, including that of the original mirror and the veneer. It has solid ends.
- Last Updated on Monday, 24 June 2013 12:21
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 00:19
- Hits: 811
A lady wrote that she was considering purchasing this daybed, but she hesitated over the price being $125. I replied that from the picture it looked like a good buy. Upon getting better resolution of the picture, I amend the use of the adjective, “good”, to replace it with “fantastic.”
- Last Updated on Monday, 24 June 2013 12:17
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:17
- Hits: 1108
The daughter of a Northern Neck lady has sent this picture of her Victorian settee that she would like to sell. The wood is walnut, and she writes that it is carved in the Eastlake manner. The two rear casters are missing, and reupholstering would be timely. She notes that the piece also needs strengthening.
This settee undoubtedly was originally part of a parlor suite that included a gentleman’s chair, a lady’s chair,
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 June 2013 14:07
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:05
- Hits: 1195
These two Victorian side chairs belong to a lady in the Northern Neck. They are walnut, and recently the owner had them refinished and recaned. The caning is hand-caning, rather than pressed caning. They are sturdy and in excellent condition.