- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:35
- Hits: 1300
A lady from the Midwest inherited this secretary bookcase, which has passed through her family for several generations. It is walnut, with poplar secondary wood. The interior is elaborate, with many cubbyholes and small drawers. The family thinks the finish is original, but the somewhere along the road the back has been replaced with plywood.
- Last Updated on Friday, 28 December 2012 12:03
- Published on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 11:59
- Hits: 1369
This Victorian chair is one of a set of five that belonged to a family from the lower Northern Neck. It is walnut, and, along with two others in the set, has a needlepoint seat. The remaining two have fabric seats. All are sturdy and in good condition.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 22 December 2012 11:21
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 00:21
- Hits: 1251
This Victorian worktable comes from the lower Northern Neck where it has belonged to the same family for several generations.
It is walnut, with poplar secondary wood. The upper drawer is divided into sections to accommodate the various sewing needs. The escutcheons are ivory, and the pulls are original. The owners think it has been refinished many years ago.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:16
- Published on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:10
- Hits: 1282
This breakfront belongs to a family from Illinois that settled in the Northern Neck many years ago. They think the piece has been in the family for several generations, but do not know when they acquired it. It is walnut, with the original finish and glass. The overall condition is excellent.
- Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 15:05
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 15:05
- Hits: 1022
A lady in Washington received this art glass vase from an employer many years ago. The family who previously owned it was wealthy, and wanted to give the recipient a nice present. It is in perfect condition, and on the bottom bears the signature of Gallé.