- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:36
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:36
- Hits: 1730
As the debate about how to express the outrage of America for the use of chemical weapons in Syria on its own people rages on, there really comes a time when some speaking out has to take place. Journal readers have their views, and most of them are negative about the idea of sending a bunch of Tomahawk missiles into Syria.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 16:52
- Published on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 16:52
- Hits: 1684
Being a small local newspaper, we have been paying close attention to the recent discussion about AOL’s decision to close 150 to 200 of its Patch news sites and Jeff Bezos’s purchase of The Washington Post. The fact that a new paper has been launched in Long Beach, California merited a segment on Morning Joe on MSNBC.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:52
- Hits: 2235
The following letter to County Administrator Travis Quisenberry was obtained under the Virginia Freedom of Information act. It is being published in the interest of Journal readers. The Journal is not against the concept of the
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1908
The HELP Center project is required by its agreement with King George County to have “all the footings” in by August 1, 2013. That means it must have architectural drawings, a county building permit and a contractor already on the job by that time.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:44
- Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:20
- Hits: 2096
To the Editor:
On Saturday April 20 I had the privilege of sitting at a table at the YMCA for the children’s health day activities. Over the duration of the three hour period I probably talked to 150-200 children about eating healthy foods. PARENTS you are doing a good job! At no time did I meet an obnoxious or rude child. Parents of King George, it was a pleasure to work with your children. Keep up the good work.
King George, VA