- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:03
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:03
- Hits: 429
When I was a student in Scotland some 36 years ago, living in Edinburgh, I went to a church near where I lived.
It was called Hope Park/Buccleuch Methodist Church. To be honest, I think I decided to go that particular church because it was the closest church to where I lived and being all of 20 I wanted to sleep in as late as possible.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:36
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:36
- Hits: 2167
As the debate about how to express the outrage of America for the use of chemical weapons in Syria on its own people rages on, there really comes a time when some speaking out has to take place. Journal readers have their views, and most of them are negative about the idea of sending a bunch of Tomahawk missiles into Syria.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 11:02
- Hits: 2326
The HELP Center project is required by its agreement with King George County to have “all the footings” in by August 1, 2013. That means it must have architectural drawings, a county building permit and a contractor already on the job by that time.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 16:52
- Published on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 16:52
- Hits: 2174
Being a small local newspaper, we have been paying close attention to the recent discussion about AOL’s decision to close 150 to 200 of its Patch news sites and Jeff Bezos’s purchase of The Washington Post. The fact that a new paper has been launched in Long Beach, California merited a segment on Morning Joe on MSNBC.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:52
- Hits: 2783
The following letter to County Administrator Travis Quisenberry was obtained under the Virginia Freedom of Information act. It is being published in the interest of Journal readers. The Journal is not against the concept of the