- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:40
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:40
- Hits: 3077
NASCAR will return to Las Vegas Nov. 27 through Nov. 30 for the postseason Sprint Cup Series Champions Week, a star-studded, entertainment-filled celebration for the series champion and NASCAR fans, culminating with the Sprint Cup Championship presentation.
Since 2009, the awards have been held at Wynn Las Vegas and have grown in stature and prestige with each passing year. This year’s annual awards will take place Nov. 30, returning to Wynn Las Vegas with SPEED, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio providing live coverage, beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
As in past years, fans can expect an exciting interactive week of activities that celebrate the 2012 season and also build excitement for the 2013 season ahead. Among the events this year are the National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon, the annual event, where drivers and teams collect a number of year-end awards and accolades.
NASCAR Victory Lap down the world-famous Las Vegas Strip; and NASCAR After The Lap, an anything-goes Q&A session between fans and the top 12 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ drivers. Last year’s NASCAR After The Lap event provided one of the highlights of the week — an impromptu break dancing demonstration by four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Jeff Gordon.
For the fourth consecutive year, fans will join drivers, team owners and industry leaders in celebrating the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards. Approximately 300 tickets are available to fans, which are being distributed by tracks, NASCAR partners and teams through various fan promotions. Tickets will offer fans access to the following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week experiences:
• NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon; • NASCAR After The Lap; • Fan reception and red carpet walk prior to the awards; and the • NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards.
Following is a rundown of the Champion’s Week activities;
Tues. – Wed., Nov. 27–28
• NASCAR 2012 Motorsports Marketing Forum: The 13th annual NASCAR Motorsports Marketing Forum, presented by SportsBusiness Journal/Daily, is the motorsports industry’s most comprehensive business forum. Held at Aria Resort & Casino, the Forum will feature an array of insight and perspective from sports and marketing executives both within and outside the motorsports industry.
• NASCAR Live: Motor Racing Network’s third annual champion’s edition of “NASCAR Live” with Eli Gold will be held at Wynn Las Vegas Race and Sports Book Tues., Nov. 27, starting at 4 p.m.
Tues.– Sat., Nov. 27–Dec. 1
NASCAR Pit Stop Tour: The Pit Stop Tour consists of Official Partner show cars featured in iconic locations throughout the Las Vegas strip from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. each day.