- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 10:57
- Hits: 137
Check out https://www3.dgif.virginia.gov/web/issues-2014/recommendations.asp to get the details about Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ (VDGIF) public comment period for fishing, nongame wildlife, and boating proposals. The agency really does go through the comments. I took a look at the proposals and noted some that might be of interest to local readers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 11:09
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 11:08
- Hits: 264
If you own or lease a piece of land where you enjoy hunting, there are several things you might want to get busy doing before the warm weather arrives to stay.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:14
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 15:14
- Hits: 343
Last season (2012-2013), we had a bad outbreak of hemorrhagic disease (HD) that culled the deer herd very thoroughly in King George County. That left fewer deer in the woods, but the upside to that was that the remaining deer had more food and less competition for it the following year (2013-2014). It was a good thing, because the problem was compounded by the failure of just about all oaks and many beeches and hickory
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 12:38
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 09:26
- Hits: 333
A very good friend of mine, Andy Whitman, is a missionary currently serving stateside but about to go overseas again. He is also an avid hunter with a particular interest in birds. Andy loves to turkey hunt, and he also really enjoys the call of Mr. Bobwhite.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:23
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:23
- Hits: 343
On Sunday, Feb. 23, and again on Saturday, March 8, the Weekend Bassers Club will be holding their annual fundraiser bass fishing tournament at Motts Run Reservoir to fund the Kids’ Fishing Derby to be held on June 7 of this year. Each year, this fishing club volunteers their time and efforts to raise money to expose area kids to fishing at Motts Run.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:00
- Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:00
- Hits: 397
It is that time of year when our state legislators are busy representing us in Richmond. Delegate Ransone and Senator Stuart have both put forth bills to be heard. In addition, there are other bills that sportsmen and women should be aware of. Game and Inland Fisheries has a link on their website for the related bills at http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/legislation/.