- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 November 2015 12:46
- Published on Tuesday, 24 November 2015 12:46
- Hits: 124
We have a lot to be thankful for given the hunting and fishing opportunities and management that we have in our state not to mention the freedoms we have as well.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 09:22
- Published on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 09:22
- Hits: 164
Potomac River — Reports show the striped bass bite is sporadic in our area but the word is the further downriver you go, the better the bite. Try sassy shads, large cranks or bucktails. Fish the edges or bottom.
This is the time of year large blue catfish can be caught. Again, fish the ledges and edges with fresh cut shad or eels. Upriver areas are best.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 November 2015 10:31
- Published on Wednesday, 04 November 2015 10:31
- Hits: 192
Potomac River — Ken’s Tackle in Fredericksburg told us they had customers using white crankbaits, bucktails and other plugs to catch striped bass. Some are also using cut menhaden.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:19
- Published on Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:19
- Hits: 360
Aqua Land in Maryland reports angler continuing to catch stripers on RatLTrap lures near the Power Plant. In other locations around the facility, anglers are taking cutbait out to entice striped bass and are more often catching catfish.
The bass action in upriver creeks is decent, but a moving tide is the key and fishing the remaining weedline is the best way to catch bass. Look for bass to transition to hard structure soon. White perch are still biting. Find them on creek channel edges with live creek minnows.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 11:41
- Published on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 11:41
- Hits: 228
Potomac River — Aqua Land in Maryland reported small stripers hitting Rat Trap lures near the power plant. Catfish are taking cutbait in the same areas. The wind has really hampered fishing.
Upriver, the bass action is good with crawdad colors near weedlines in the creeks. Fish with an erratic retrieve. Other local reports tell of good striper action downriver to the mouth along edges by trolling bucktails, large crankbaits and sassy shads.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 12:52
- Published on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 12:52
- Hits: 302
Potomac River — Aqua Land in Maryland reported the striper bite is on. Fish the ledges and edges with sassy shads, spoons, live perch or other bait. Catfish are hitting well all over the place. Trolling is working well.
Ken’s Tackle reported good striper action downriver.