- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:18
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 17:18
- Hits: 1371
Fishing was good until the cool weather hit. It was improving at the tail end of the weekend though. The wind kept anglers at bay much of the weekend.
Catfish were hitting cutbait. The worm bite dropped off. There are gar in the river, some striper still lurking
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 17:02
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:57
- Hits: 1813
The sofa was telling my body that I really needed to stay put one recent evening, but my brain was saying otherwise. It had been way too long since I had put the boat in the water and wet a line for shad. So, when my wife came home I wrenched myself out of the comfortable grip of the sofa and hooked up the boat, tossed a few ultralight rods rigged with tiny crappie jigs in the truck and headed for town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:56
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:55
- Hits: 1512
Fishing continues to be really good. Crappie are biting, bass are moving to spawn and the shad run is still going strong. Normally it is slow by now. Some big American shad were caught and released. Turkey hunting continues to be good as well. The next few weeks will be the highlight of the freshwater fishing for the entire
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1570
Fishing has taken off, and so has the turkey hunting. If you can get a day off, do yourself a favor and get afield.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Hits: 1144
The past few years I have been blessed with good health to turkey hunt each spring. Although my allergies can be debilitating at times I am still quite able to get around the hills of King George, chasing far off gobbles and hen clucks in search of a turkey. Those of you who turkey hunt know that sometimes you cover a lot of
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:27
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:22
- Hits: 1063
If you have a friend that needs humbling, do yourself a favor (and them): introduce them to spring gobbler hunting. You will fix your problem and theirs in a hurry.