- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1537
Fishing has taken off, and so has the turkey hunting. If you can get a day off, do yourself a favor and get afield.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Hits: 1113
The past few years I have been blessed with good health to turkey hunt each spring. Although my allergies can be debilitating at times I am still quite able to get around the hills of King George, chasing far off gobbles and hen clucks in search of a turkey. Those of you who turkey hunt know that sometimes you cover a lot of
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:27
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:22
- Hits: 1030
If you have a friend that needs humbling, do yourself a favor (and them): introduce them to spring gobbler hunting. You will fix your problem and theirs in a hurry.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:33
- Published on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:33
- Hits: 1201
We are finally getting some decent weather. Fishing should really ramp up this week.
The Rappahannock River was in much better shape this week. White perch were hitting well at Hopyard last week. Lil Falls Market on Rt. 3 reported good white perch angling at Hicks’ Landing. They also said the catfish
- Last Updated on Monday, 08 April 2013 12:56
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 12:02
- Hits: 1329
Four KGHS NJROTC shooters headed to Anniston, Alabama for the All Service National Match held March 21st to the 23rd. All four shooters did well but one came away with a national title. Hunter Cushman, a junior at KGHS and a member of the KGHS NJROTC Rifle Team, had the best match of his life.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 11:57
- Hits: 1572
We are finally getting some decent weather, but it is still unsettled. A recent newscast pointed out that last year in March we had 24 days that registered temperatures over 64 degrees. This year we had none over that temperature in March.
The Rappahannock River was in much better shape this week. Winter Harbor Seafood reported that an angler caught some very nice white perch in the Dogue area of the river. Five were reportedly citation size perch.