- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:36
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:36
- Hits: 1418
Fishing is slow due to few anglers but the actual action is pretty decent considering the weather.
Aqualand (301-259-0572) reported slow fishing activity by customers. But, they did hear of one angler that went downriver and filled the cooler. They think it was catfish and a few striped bass.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:10
- Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 11:11
- Hits: 1420
A Pennsylvania deer tested positive for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) prompting Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) to announce that deer hunters who are successful hunting in the Keystone State may not bring back a whole deer to Virginia. Only boned out and wrapped meat, quarters of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:06
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:48
- Hits: 1589
Thanksgiving is this week and in four weeks we will be celebrating Christmas. These two times of year are joyous times that we typically spend with family and outdoorsmen and women spend quite a bit more time afield too. With more of us in the woods and on the water there is a need for safety reminders so that time stays joyous and we all go home at the end of the day to tell fun stories about our time afield.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 11:46
- Hits: 1196
Fishing reports continue to be few and scattered although what we hear about striper fishing is good. Hunting for small game continues to be very good with plenty of squirrels and rabbits. Foxes are abundant too. Deer hunters are seeing a few more deer now. The rut seems to be in now with bucks chasing does and chasing other bucks off too.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:57
- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:57
- Hits: 844
Fishing reports are few and scattered, although what we hear is quite good. Hunting for small game is very good with plenty of squirrels and rabbits. Foxes are abundant too. Deer hunters are not faring as well as they would like. Warm weather, acorn abundance and a lackluster rut in many areas seems to have a damper on the hunting for many.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:16
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:16
- Hits: 992
Despite the horrible rains north of us the fishing has been VERY good this past week. Hunting for deer improved slightly.