- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:56
- Hits: 1228
Several Friday nights ago I stepped off a private dock belonging to a friend onto the decked out and tricked out boat of Logan Woodworth who owns the rights to Somethin’ Serious Outdoors. We were headed up the tributary to do some bowfishing for snakeheads. I wanted to tag along and see what this young, but up and coming, outdoorsman and
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 16:27
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:25
- Hits: 1543
Kenny Buzby and his son Shane have been arrowing some nice snakeheads, a few gar and a few carp. These guys know what they are doing and are having fun doing it!
Shane Buzby with his bowfish, right, takes on all three species.
Kenny Buzby, left, shows us what good eating is with his good archery skills and this huge snakehead!
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:23
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:21
- Hits: 1429
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that your barn with all your livelihood in it was burning in a furious hellfire that could not be stopped.
This was the nightmare that the Emory family, formerly of Hughesville, Maryland, lived through back in 1985.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:03
- Hits: 2102
On the afternoon of May 20 on the Rappahannock River, seven boats operated by members of the Fredericksburg chapter of the Concerned Bass Anglers of Virginia, idled in the murky waters around Wilmont Landing in King George. The anglers were awaiting a chance to be a part of history.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Hits: 1350
Fishing continues to be good but did slow down some with the cooler weather. Hunting dropped off quite a bit.
Ken’s Tackle reported continued shad fishing near Falmouth and some good white perch action in town. Bass were hitting on crankbaits near hard structure. There are a lot of small catfish hitting in the river right
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:02
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:01
- Hits: 1859
Pictures from Catch a Fish Day which took place Sat. May 4. Over 80 children participated in the 8th Annual Catch A Fish Day.
(there is no joy quite like seeing a child smile)
Photos by Buddy Fines