- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 12:38
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 09:26
- Hits: 1465
A very good friend of mine, Andy Whitman, is a missionary currently serving stateside but about to go overseas again. He is also an avid hunter with a particular interest in birds. Andy loves to turkey hunt, and he also really enjoys the call of Mr. Bobwhite.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:23
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:23
- Hits: 1320
On Sunday, Feb. 23, and again on Saturday, March 8, the Weekend Bassers Club will be holding their annual fundraiser bass fishing tournament at Motts Run Reservoir to fund the Kids’ Fishing Derby to be held on June 7 of this year. Each year, this fishing club volunteers their time and efforts to raise money to expose area kids to fishing at Motts Run.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:00
- Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:00
- Hits: 1399
It is that time of year when our state legislators are busy representing us in Richmond. Delegate Ransone and Senator Stuart have both put forth bills to be heard. In addition, there are other bills that sportsmen and women should be aware of. Game and Inland Fisheries has a link on their website for the related bills at http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/legislation/.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:55
- Hits: 1439
The title is the running joke among hunters all the time. Drive by a farm field just prior to deer season and you will see herds of deer just milling about, as if there is not a care in the world. Go back by there the first day of deer season, and the place is a ghost town.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:58
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:58
- Hits: 1190
Each year on the last day of the year I take time to reflect on how the year went, what I did well and what I wish I had done better. In all that deep thought, usually done from a spot next to a tree awaiting a deer, I think about what I missed out on fishing or hunting around the state and then I end up making a list of things I really want to try to do during the upcoming year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 15:40
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 15:40
- Hits: 1672
Happy New Year!
Anglers will be happy to be reminded about the Fishing Expo that will take place Jan. 17-19 at the Meadow Event Park just down the road from us in Caroline County. This is the 7th year that the fishing show is returning to the Farm Bureau Center there.