- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 17:02
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:57
- Hits: 1842
The sofa was telling my body that I really needed to stay put one recent evening, but my brain was saying otherwise. It had been way too long since I had put the boat in the water and wet a line for shad. So, when my wife came home I wrenched myself out of the comfortable grip of the sofa and hooked up the boat, tossed a few ultralight rods rigged with tiny crappie jigs in the truck and headed for town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:56
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:55
- Hits: 1556
Fishing continues to be really good. Crappie are biting, bass are moving to spawn and the shad run is still going strong. Normally it is slow by now. Some big American shad were caught and released. Turkey hunting continues to be good as well. The next few weeks will be the highlight of the freshwater fishing for the entire
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1601
Fishing has taken off, and so has the turkey hunting. If you can get a day off, do yourself a favor and get afield.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:59
- Hits: 1179
The past few years I have been blessed with good health to turkey hunt each spring. Although my allergies can be debilitating at times I am still quite able to get around the hills of King George, chasing far off gobbles and hen clucks in search of a turkey. Those of you who turkey hunt know that sometimes you cover a lot of
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:27
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:22
- Hits: 1105
If you have a friend that needs humbling, do yourself a favor (and them): introduce them to spring gobbler hunting. You will fix your problem and theirs in a hurry.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:33
- Published on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:33
- Hits: 1271
We are finally getting some decent weather. Fishing should really ramp up this week.
The Rappahannock River was in much better shape this week. White perch were hitting well at Hopyard last week. Lil Falls Market on Rt. 3 reported good white perch angling at Hicks’ Landing. They also said the catfish