- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:24
- Hits: 281
During the summer, it is tempting to not work your four-legged hunting partner and let them lie in the shade. After all, with temperatures nearing 100 degrees last week, it would seem almost cruel to give your dog a workout, right? I disagree, with some exclusions, of course.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:37
- Hits: 240
It is absolutely no secret that fathers play a key role in introducing kids to the outdoors.
My father began taking me fishing and hunting at an early age. We fished and hunted for two reasons- First, Dad enjoyed being outdoors catching fish and hunting small game.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:34
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:34
- Hits: 305
Fishing is quite good, other than a small lull in some catfishing.
Squirrel season is in. Look for squirrels near strawberry patches, fruit trees, raspberry patches and field edges.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 00:26
- Hits: 322
No one reading this article, or any of their relatives before or after, that lives in America near any sort of vegetation, has ever been immune to and had always been a victim of pesky, biting deerflies. We’ve all experienced them, and this year will be no better. Already, I’ve received several calls on this bloodthirsty insect.