- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 00:26
- Published on Wednesday, 04 June 2014 00:26
- Hits: 274
No one reading this article, or any of their relatives before or after, that lives in America near any sort of vegetation, has ever been immune to and had always been a victim of pesky, biting deerflies. We’ve all experienced them, and this year will be no better. Already, I’ve received several calls on this bloodthirsty insect.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:08
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:08
- Hits: 191
Fishing is good all over, and the river settled back down.
Squirrel season will come back on June 7 and continue to June 21.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:07
- Hits: 288
The weather has been odd, to say the least this year. Many who enjoy the outdoors, whether it is chasing gobblers, gardening or fishing, will tell you that the weather has impacted their pursuits. The turkey woods were full of cankerworms, and within a week, many trees on our property were halfway devoid of foliage.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:42
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:40
- Hits: 295
It is springtime, and we do typically get some gully washers during the spring in Virginia. From a fisheries’ standpoint, a good soaking rain is not a bad thing. However, a gully washer that puts down inches of rain in a short period of time is an event of concern. Rain that comes down that hard leaves little time for the water to be absorbed into the ground. Instead, it rolls downhill, taking anything that floats or suspends with it.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Hits: 269
Fishing continues to be quite good, particularly in ponds.
Turkey hunting slowed down for many. There are only a few days left. The good news is that there are plenty of hens, and hopefully plenty of nests being sat upon right now!