- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:25
- Hits: 246
Fishing continues to be good, although it has gone into a summer pattern.
Rappahannock River — We heard very little about the Rappahannock this week. What we did hear is that bream in the tributaries are reportedly biting and that catfish have come out of their spawning lull and are hungry for cut bait and eels.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 10:24
- Hits: 303
During the summer, it is tempting to not work your four-legged hunting partner and let them lie in the shade. After all, with temperatures nearing 100 degrees last week, it would seem almost cruel to give your dog a workout, right? I disagree, with some exclusions, of course.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:37
- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 12:37
- Hits: 260
It is absolutely no secret that fathers play a key role in introducing kids to the outdoors.
My father began taking me fishing and hunting at an early age. We fished and hunted for two reasons- First, Dad enjoyed being outdoors catching fish and hunting small game.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:34
- Published on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 11:34
- Hits: 328
Fishing is quite good, other than a small lull in some catfishing.
Squirrel season is in. Look for squirrels near strawberry patches, fruit trees, raspberry patches and field edges.