- Last Updated on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:57
- Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 09:57
- Hits: 945
Fishing reports are few and scattered, although what we hear is quite good. Hunting for small game is very good with plenty of squirrels and rabbits. Foxes are abundant too. Deer hunters are not faring as well as they would like. Warm weather, acorn abundance and a lackluster rut in many areas seems to have a damper on the hunting for many.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:16
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:16
- Hits: 1091
Despite the horrible rains north of us the fishing has been VERY good this past week. Hunting for deer improved slightly.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 November 2012 10:50
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:50
- Hits: 1227
Mark Fike’s Note: This week your Outdoor Page is brought to you courtesy of Miss Kendall Rhodes. Kendall is an 8th grade student at KGMS.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 30 December 2012 17:37
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 15:37
- Hits: 697
With a title like that you have to wonder what in the world is going on with your outdoor columnist.
My Saturday morning was incredibly busy in the woods. I was exhausted but got out of bed anyway and headed to the eastern side of the county to hunt and try to put some meat in the freezer. I was concerned about the clothing I was wearing since I had not recently washed it with my Scent-A-Way detergent by Hunters Specialties.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 15:36
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 15:36
- Hits: 1284
Fishing continues to be quite good. It is too bad we are all so busy we are not able to enjoy it as we would like. Hunting continues to be slow for deer from reports we have heard. There are still a LOT of acorns in the woods and deer don’t have to move much to feed. However, scrapes and rubs are appearing and I received a few reports of bucks chasing does. It is early but…
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 15:16
- Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 15:16
- Hits: 801
Fishing continues to be quite good. Hunting has been slow for deer from reports we have heard. There are a LOT of acorns in the woods and deer don’t have to move much to feed.
Aqualand (301-259-0572) did not have a lot of interaction with anglers this week but they did hear that croaker were still around and hitting squid. Puppy drum were also hitting. Catfish of great size were biting well and perch were hitting minnows and small baits. Ken’s Tackle (898-1011) reported that crappie were still taking jigs and grubs in Aquia Creek. Minnows are also working well. Colonial Beach was a good spot for puppy drum, and stripers if you used spot or squid for bait.