- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:14
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:58
- Hits: 1629
Overview—Fishing continues to be good but conditions over the weekend were ugly with the high water and rain.
Catfish continue to hit cutbait and worms. Cutbait seems to be the best bait to use. Bass anglers are reportedly picking up a few upriver. Smallmouth action has been good until the muddy water came down.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:56
- Hits: 1415
Several Friday nights ago I stepped off a private dock belonging to a friend onto the decked out and tricked out boat of Logan Woodworth who owns the rights to Somethin’ Serious Outdoors. We were headed up the tributary to do some bowfishing for snakeheads. I wanted to tag along and see what this young, but up and coming, outdoorsman and
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 16:27
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:25
- Hits: 1761
Kenny Buzby and his son Shane have been arrowing some nice snakeheads, a few gar and a few carp. These guys know what they are doing and are having fun doing it!
Shane Buzby with his bowfish, right, takes on all three species.
Kenny Buzby, left, shows us what good eating is with his good archery skills and this huge snakehead!
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:23
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:21
- Hits: 1655
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that your barn with all your livelihood in it was burning in a furious hellfire that could not be stopped.
This was the nightmare that the Emory family, formerly of Hughesville, Maryland, lived through back in 1985.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:03
- Hits: 2497
On the afternoon of May 20 on the Rappahannock River, seven boats operated by members of the Fredericksburg chapter of the Concerned Bass Anglers of Virginia, idled in the murky waters around Wilmont Landing in King George. The anglers were awaiting a chance to be a part of history.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Hits: 1490
Fishing continues to be good but did slow down some with the cooler weather. Hunting dropped off quite a bit.
Ken’s Tackle reported continued shad fishing near Falmouth and some good white perch action in town. Bass were hitting on crankbaits near hard structure. There are a lot of small catfish hitting in the river right