- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 17:55
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 1982
Fishing is quite good on just about all fronts right now.
Bass anglers are taking decent fish from the creeks on the moving tides. Try plastics and shad colored topwater early
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 17:54
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:49
- Hits: 1586
It is no secret that we are definitely part of “catfish country”. While the Deep South may have been well known for being the heart of catfish country, our local rivers are full of the whiskered beasts of all sizes now and we get a portion of that title as our own.
Some feel there are too many catfish in the rivers, while a few devout catfish trophy anglers take offense to such a
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Hits: 2009
Last year elk were brought into Virginia and released. Some were pregnant and the young that were born on Virginia soil increased our new herd to 24 animals. Last month, 10 more elk were brought in from Kentucky to Buchanan County in Southwest Virginia.
It took a great amount of effort to convince people that the elk, which were once part of our landscape,
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Hits: 1719
Despite the heavy rain and the swollen rivers, fishing was good in some places last week.
Before the rain the catfish were biting well.
Aqua Land reported catfish hitting on squid, nightcrawlers and cutbait.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:14
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:58
- Hits: 1805
Overview—Fishing continues to be good but conditions over the weekend were ugly with the high water and rain.
Catfish continue to hit cutbait and worms. Cutbait seems to be the best bait to use. Bass anglers are reportedly picking up a few upriver. Smallmouth action has been good until the muddy water came down.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:56
- Hits: 1573
Several Friday nights ago I stepped off a private dock belonging to a friend onto the decked out and tricked out boat of Logan Woodworth who owns the rights to Somethin’ Serious Outdoors. We were headed up the tributary to do some bowfishing for snakeheads. I wanted to tag along and see what this young, but up and coming, outdoorsman and