- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Hits: 1782
Fishing was good until we got hammered by the downpour. That changed the rivers dramatically and then the ponds saw the influx of water as well. The river was still high as of press time. Hunting seemed to be poorer this past week as well.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:38
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:38
- Hits: 1667
VDGIF has an open comment period through the end of this month on proposed changes to game laws. I encourage you to participate if you have Internet access — www3.dgif.virginia.gov/web/comment/display.asp
There are many other changes being proposed. I hit the big ones affecting hunters in our area. The opinions or observations are mine and are of course just my opinion or observation. Feel free to disagree. All of us
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:18
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 17:18
- Hits: 1748
Fishing was good until the cool weather hit. It was improving at the tail end of the weekend though. The wind kept anglers at bay much of the weekend.
Catfish were hitting cutbait. The worm bite dropped off. There are gar in the river, some striper still lurking
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 17:02
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:57
- Hits: 2044
The sofa was telling my body that I really needed to stay put one recent evening, but my brain was saying otherwise. It had been way too long since I had put the boat in the water and wet a line for shad. So, when my wife came home I wrenched myself out of the comfortable grip of the sofa and hooked up the boat, tossed a few ultralight rods rigged with tiny crappie jigs in the truck and headed for town.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:56
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:55
- Hits: 1816
Fishing continues to be really good. Crappie are biting, bass are moving to spawn and the shad run is still going strong. Normally it is slow by now. Some big American shad were caught and released. Turkey hunting continues to be good as well. The next few weeks will be the highlight of the freshwater fishing for the entire
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1813
Fishing has taken off, and so has the turkey hunting. If you can get a day off, do yourself a favor and get afield.