- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Hits: 1627
Overview—Fishing continues to be quite good with a variety of fish to be had in both fresh and saltwater. Hunting season opened for goose and dove on Monday.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 17:59
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:59
- Hits: 1787
Fishing continues to be good all over. Hunting season is rapidly approaching. Get your license and chores done! The croaker will be moving out in the next few weeks. Cooler nights will send ‘em south. Get them while you can. Sadly, summer is slipping away.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:16
- Hits: 1569
One thing the incredible summer of rainfall appears to be doing is allowing anglers and kayakers to enjoy the upper Rappahannock. I recently called Virginia Outdoor Center to inquire about the river levels as I finally found a few hours to go smallmouth fishing. I got their machine and it more or less said that the owners could not recall any other summer in their time that they were able to operate their business with the water levels as good as they were during the summer. That was great news for
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 08:40
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 08:40
- Hits: 1797
Last weekend marked the 30th Annual Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show. I am a relative newcomer to the show having only attended off and on for roughly half that time, yet I have seen major changes over the years.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 11:17
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 00:16
- Hits: 2390
Although anglers have been targeting and catching croaker since June in our area, they have been hit or miss until the last few weeks. More and more reports showed that croaker were steadily biting and recently it seems that almost any angler could get out on the Potomac, dunk a piece of squid and get a croaker to bite.