- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:39
- Hits: 1494
Freshwater fishing is good in impoundments, mediocre in rivers, but saltwater fishing has been slower.
Catfish continue to hit fresh cut bait the best. Worms are not working near as well. Shrimp is also a good bet. Gar are everywhere. To catch one you need to freeline minnows to them and let them work the bait back into
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 17:55
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 2020
Fishing is quite good on just about all fronts right now.
Bass anglers are taking decent fish from the creeks on the moving tides. Try plastics and shad colored topwater early
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 17:54
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:49
- Hits: 1623
It is no secret that we are definitely part of “catfish country”. While the Deep South may have been well known for being the heart of catfish country, our local rivers are full of the whiskered beasts of all sizes now and we get a portion of that title as our own.
Some feel there are too many catfish in the rivers, while a few devout catfish trophy anglers take offense to such a
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Hits: 2060
Last year elk were brought into Virginia and released. Some were pregnant and the young that were born on Virginia soil increased our new herd to 24 animals. Last month, 10 more elk were brought in from Kentucky to Buchanan County in Southwest Virginia.
It took a great amount of effort to convince people that the elk, which were once part of our landscape,
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Hits: 1764
Despite the heavy rain and the swollen rivers, fishing was good in some places last week.
Before the rain the catfish were biting well.
Aqua Land reported catfish hitting on squid, nightcrawlers and cutbait.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:14
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:58
- Hits: 1849
Overview—Fishing continues to be good but conditions over the weekend were ugly with the high water and rain.
Catfish continue to hit cutbait and worms. Cutbait seems to be the best bait to use. Bass anglers are reportedly picking up a few upriver. Smallmouth action has been good until the muddy water came down.