- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Hits: 270
Fishing continues to be quite good, particularly in ponds.
Turkey hunting slowed down for many. There are only a few days left. The good news is that there are plenty of hens, and hopefully plenty of nests being sat upon right now!
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:39
- Hits: 303
Until we had that three-day deluge that killed river fishing, angling was good. Now, the ponds and reservoirs have taken up the slack, and fishing is still good.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:36
- Hits: 288
Fishing is very good now, and some saltwater action is picking up, too.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014 10:33
- Hits: 381
On April 21, the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ (VDGIF) biologists met with Mark Fike and Matt Limbrick, leaders of the King George Outdoor Club, along with a few of the members and other youth in the county to learn how fisheries’ biologists sample a waterway for fish populations.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:43
- Hits: 558
“Opening day was good to me and James Bub Jackson of Powershot Production (www.pshunting.com) with a double. We had lots of gobbling. There were plenty of turkeys, so we are going to have to slow down and hunt more patiently.”