- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:34
- Published on Tuesday, 07 July 2015 13:34
- Hits: 425
We had a large influx of rain during the weekend in the rivers and lakes again. This has to be one of the wettest summers we have had in a long time, but the fishing still is quite good.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 10:01
- Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 10:01
- Hits: 397
Hot is the operative word. Angling pressure declined some on freshwater and will likely continue to be passive until early and late times. Here is what we know:
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 11:25
- Published on Tuesday, 16 June 2015 11:25
- Hits: 388
The action is picking up for bass. The bite is post spawn and deep in the vegetation now it seems. However, fast retrieved frogs over the grass during low light will get bass or snakeheads. The perch are picking up squid and worms near Fairview Beach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:18
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:18
- Hits: 540
Fishing is moving toward a summertime pattern but many fish are still easily caught.
Potomac River—The bass action in the creeks is in the shallows during low light near vegetation. Fish are also being caught along the weedlines. Woody structure is holding fish as well. Go to plastic creature baits. Topwater action is reportedly good early and late.