- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:08
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:08
- Hits: 238
Fishing is good all over, and the river settled back down.
Squirrel season will come back on June 7 and continue to June 21.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 13:07
- Hits: 321
The weather has been odd, to say the least this year. Many who enjoy the outdoors, whether it is chasing gobblers, gardening or fishing, will tell you that the weather has impacted their pursuits. The turkey woods were full of cankerworms, and within a week, many trees on our property were halfway devoid of foliage.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:42
- Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:40
- Hits: 330
It is springtime, and we do typically get some gully washers during the spring in Virginia. From a fisheries’ standpoint, a good soaking rain is not a bad thing. However, a gully washer that puts down inches of rain in a short period of time is an event of concern. Rain that comes down that hard leaves little time for the water to be absorbed into the ground. Instead, it rolls downhill, taking anything that floats or suspends with it.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 10:53
- Hits: 304
Fishing continues to be quite good, particularly in ponds.
Turkey hunting slowed down for many. There are only a few days left. The good news is that there are plenty of hens, and hopefully plenty of nests being sat upon right now!
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 10:39
- Hits: 337
Until we had that three-day deluge that killed river fishing, angling was good. Now, the ponds and reservoirs have taken up the slack, and fishing is still good.