- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:24
- Published on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 12:24
- Hits: 452
Years ago, I was friends with a Marine stationed at Quantico, and he had access to a property in Westmoreland County that had a pond on it and some outstanding turkey hunting. He gave me a call one evening and proposed a “blast and cast” trip to the property where we would hopefully bag a turkey and then go cast for some fish.
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 April 2014 12:35
- Published on Thursday, 03 April 2014 00:03
- Hits: 361
It took years for activists to get what they wanted. Starting July 1, hunters will be permitted, under certain circumstances, to hunt on private lands on Sundays.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:41
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:41
- Hits: 943
Youth Day is April 5 this year, and apprentice hunters are eligible to hunt, too, if they have an apprentice license and are mentored by a licensed hunter. Only the youth and apprentice hunters may carry a gun on that special day.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 26 March 2014 09:51
- Hits: 1110
Saturday, March 15, 2014, I was able to enter The Big Cat Quest in Richmond, Virginia. I got down to Richmond the night before and stayed at my father’s friend’s house. We had to go out and catch bait that night so we would have fresh bait in the morning. We ran out a gill net to catch shad, waited about 15 minutes to pull the net, and did this several times until we had enough bait for our crew.