- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:40
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:40
- Hits: 993
Buddy Fines, one of King George’s most avid hunters and sports organizers, sent a message last week reminding me that the Outdoor Report did not include Sept. 28 as Youth Deer Day which is a statewide open season day for youth 15 years of age and under.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:38
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:37
- Hits: 1036
Overview—Fishing continues to be very good all over. Both salt and freshwater anglers are really having a good time.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Hits: 1051
Overview—Fishing continues to be quite good with a variety of fish to be had in both fresh and saltwater. Hunting season opened for goose and dove on Monday.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 17:59
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:59
- Hits: 1230
Fishing continues to be good all over. Hunting season is rapidly approaching. Get your license and chores done! The croaker will be moving out in the next few weeks. Cooler nights will send ‘em south. Get them while you can. Sadly, summer is slipping away.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:16
- Hits: 1027
One thing the incredible summer of rainfall appears to be doing is allowing anglers and kayakers to enjoy the upper Rappahannock. I recently called Virginia Outdoor Center to inquire about the river levels as I finally found a few hours to go smallmouth fishing. I got their machine and it more or less said that the owners could not recall any other summer in their time that they were able to operate their business with the water levels as good as they were during the summer. That was great news for
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 08:40
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 08:40
- Hits: 1004
Last weekend marked the 30th Annual Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show. I am a relative newcomer to the show having only attended off and on for roughly half that time, yet I have seen major changes over the years.