- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:55
- Hits: 764
The title is the running joke among hunters all the time. Drive by a farm field just prior to deer season and you will see herds of deer just milling about, as if there is not a care in the world. Go back by there the first day of deer season, and the place is a ghost town.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:58
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:58
- Hits: 648
Each year on the last day of the year I take time to reflect on how the year went, what I did well and what I wish I had done better. In all that deep thought, usually done from a spot next to a tree awaiting a deer, I think about what I missed out on fishing or hunting around the state and then I end up making a list of things I really want to try to do during the upcoming year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 15:40
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 15:40
- Hits: 1202
Happy New Year!
Anglers will be happy to be reminded about the Fishing Expo that will take place Jan. 17-19 at the Meadow Event Park just down the road from us in Caroline County. This is the 7th year that the fishing show is returning to the Farm Bureau Center there.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:01
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 00:01
- Hits: 1064
Last Wednesday, Dec. 4, we had an anonymous person donate a deer for us to cut up and grind into meals. There was only room for ten people to be there. There were three girls and seven boys.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:10
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:10
- Hits: 969
Mark and Missy Fike
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 December 2013 16:14
- Published on Tuesday, 03 December 2013 16:14
- Hits: 1185
This Saturday will be full of excitement for a number of disabled veterans who make the trip from Richmond and other locations to hunt and fellowship with one another at Caledon State Park. Many of these men and women are unable to walk, or they cannot walk well. Some are in wheelchairs.