- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:18
- Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 11:18
- Hits: 770
Fishing is moving toward a summertime pattern but many fish are still easily caught.
Potomac River—The bass action in the creeks is in the shallows during low light near vegetation. Fish are also being caught along the weedlines. Woody structure is holding fish as well. Go to plastic creature baits. Topwater action is reportedly good early and late.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:07
- Published on Tuesday, 12 May 2015 11:07
- Hits: 646
Fishing is hot right now for almost all species. Hopefully the tropical system won’t mess us up.
Turkey hunters have a few more days before it is over until fall.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:34
- Published on Tuesday, 05 May 2015 09:34
- Hits: 712
Fishing continues to be very good on the Northern Neck and beyond continues to be good.
The rain brought the river level up some early last week but it has settled down quite a bit since. Turkey hunters are still hearing birds.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 09:52
- Published on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 09:52
- Hits: 715
Fishing has been quite good despite the high and fast water in the Rappahannock and the dirty water in the Potomac. Hunting is hit or miss on the turkeys. Some hunters are doing very well. Some are not.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 09:27
- Published on Tuesday, 14 April 2015 09:27
- Hits: 763
Fishing continues to be very good this week. Hunting picked up with the gobbler season having a great opening weather start. Remember to check yourself for ticks as they are out.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 07 April 2015 11:35
- Hits: 607
Fishing continued to be very good last week while hunting was tough in the wind.
Turkey season starts this Saturday a half hour before sunrise. Be sure you have permission to hunt the property you are on before you go on that property and be sure of your target and what is beyond it.