- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 09:56
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 09:56
- Hits: 1117
Saltwater anglers continue to have a tough go of it. The middle bay area seems to be especially hard hit as of late with few reports of anything worth fishing for. The heat last week really slowed things down pretty much all over. Hopefully this week will be better.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 09:55
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 09:55
- Hits: 1391
I took a look at the new hunting regulations and found that many changes have been made for this year. Here is a summary for local hunters:
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:30
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:30
- Hits: 1559
I recently got my hands on a Swamp People DVD and was interested in taking a look at it. We don’t have cable or satellite television and doubt we ever will, so seeing the DVD for a few bucks was just the ticket to experience what I have been possibly missing. The Swamp People DVD episodes were pretty realistic and actually made me think of my own time growing up. Granted, we certainly don’t have any dangerous
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 16:02
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:01
- Hits: 1501
Overview—It has been a tough year for saltwater anglers. Some days fish are biting well and others the fishing is slow. Weather is being blamed. Freshwater angling has been better but high rivers are complicating matters. Catfish are the one consistent bite lately.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:03
- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 05:03
- Hits: 1262
After what seems to be years of chatter by the weather people about drought conditions and the need for rain, I think we have, at least temporarily, put a halt to hearing them drone on about how dry it is.
Normally at this time of year my garden topsoil is nearly dust and I am busy watering it. I have yet to water the garden this year and here it is the second week of July.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 10:06
- Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 10:06
- Hits: 1184
Freshwater fishing continues to be pretty good but saltwater fishing is not that great.
As has been the case the past few weeks, catfish continue to hit fresh cut bait the best. Worms are not