- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:28
- Hits: 1411
Last year elk were brought into Virginia and released. Some were pregnant and the young that were born on Virginia soil increased our new herd to 24 animals. Last month, 10 more elk were brought in from Kentucky to Buchanan County in Southwest Virginia.
It took a great amount of effort to convince people that the elk, which were once part of our landscape,
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:23
- Hits: 1248
Despite the heavy rain and the swollen rivers, fishing was good in some places last week.
Before the rain the catfish were biting well.
Aqua Land reported catfish hitting on squid, nightcrawlers and cutbait.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 13:14
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:58
- Hits: 1249
Overview—Fishing continues to be good but conditions over the weekend were ugly with the high water and rain.
Catfish continue to hit cutbait and worms. Cutbait seems to be the best bait to use. Bass anglers are reportedly picking up a few upriver. Smallmouth action has been good until the muddy water came down.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 16:57
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:56
- Hits: 1107
Several Friday nights ago I stepped off a private dock belonging to a friend onto the decked out and tricked out boat of Logan Woodworth who owns the rights to Somethin’ Serious Outdoors. We were headed up the tributary to do some bowfishing for snakeheads. I wanted to tag along and see what this young, but up and coming, outdoorsman and
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 16:27
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:25
- Hits: 1382
Kenny Buzby and his son Shane have been arrowing some nice snakeheads, a few gar and a few carp. These guys know what they are doing and are having fun doing it!
Shane Buzby with his bowfish, right, takes on all three species.
Kenny Buzby, left, shows us what good eating is with his good archery skills and this huge snakehead!
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:23
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:21
- Hits: 1288
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that your barn with all your livelihood in it was burning in a furious hellfire that could not be stopped.
This was the nightmare that the Emory family, formerly of Hughesville, Maryland, lived through back in 1985.