- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:23
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:21
- Hits: 1347
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that your barn with all your livelihood in it was burning in a furious hellfire that could not be stopped.
This was the nightmare that the Emory family, formerly of Hughesville, Maryland, lived through back in 1985.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:03
- Hits: 1990
On the afternoon of May 20 on the Rappahannock River, seven boats operated by members of the Fredericksburg chapter of the Concerned Bass Anglers of Virginia, idled in the murky waters around Wilmont Landing in King George. The anglers were awaiting a chance to be a part of history.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Hits: 1299
Fishing continues to be good but did slow down some with the cooler weather. Hunting dropped off quite a bit.
Ken’s Tackle reported continued shad fishing near Falmouth and some good white perch action in town. Bass were hitting on crankbaits near hard structure. There are a lot of small catfish hitting in the river right
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:02
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:01
- Hits: 1804
Pictures from Catch a Fish Day which took place Sat. May 4. Over 80 children participated in the 8th Annual Catch A Fish Day.
(there is no joy quite like seeing a child smile)
Photos by Buddy Fines
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Hits: 1510
Fishing was good until we got hammered by the downpour. That changed the rivers dramatically and then the ponds saw the influx of water as well. The river was still high as of press time. Hunting seemed to be poorer this past week as well.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:38
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:38
- Hits: 1447
VDGIF has an open comment period through the end of this month on proposed changes to game laws. I encourage you to participate if you have Internet access — www3.dgif.virginia.gov/web/comment/display.asp
There are many other changes being proposed. I hit the big ones affecting hunters in our area. The opinions or observations are mine and are of course just my opinion or observation. Feel free to disagree. All of us