- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 11:15
- Published on Tuesday, 19 April 2016 11:15
- Hits: 272
Gov. McAuliffe recently vetoed yet another series of voter suppression initiatives passed by the General Assembly. Some are a little whacky, some are a little mean, and some are just misguided.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:32
- Published on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:32
- Hits: 240
What do you say to Republican voters who supported Donald Trump, particularly those who supported him in Virginia (King George and Westmoreland GOP voters, both gave him big margins) that their man, even when he has the most delegates, or perhaps, even a solid majority, could still lose the nomination at the convention?
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 March 2016 11:12
- Published on Tuesday, 22 March 2016 11:12
- Hits: 455
How is it possible that it’s been 40 years since I graduated from high school? 40! But that’s how long it’s been since the JEB Stuart class of 1976 received their diplomas. For most people coming up on this milestone, the old Alma Mater is usually still carrying on under the same name and often in the same building. But, my high school is different.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 March 2016 10:36
- Published on Tuesday, 15 March 2016 10:36
- Hits: 396
What’s the sign that’s so common in antique stores? “You break it, you bought it.” It pretty much covers what’s happening to America’s Republican Party at the moment. The process broke down, went wild, and nobody of consequence bothered to speak up until it was too late.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 09:53
- Hits: 309
To borrow from an unknown philosopher “…the problem with predicting the future is that it hasn’t happened yet.” Whoever said that is a genius.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 25 February 2016 09:56
- Published on Thursday, 25 February 2016 09:56
- Hits: 456
Most of the area’s population wasn’t here 25 years ago and probably doesn’t appreciate that the air we breathe and even our rain, has gotten cleaner. Though current actions in Congress and by the Supreme Court may be putting these hard fought gains at risk.