- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 November 2015 12:47
- Published on Tuesday, 24 November 2015 12:47
- Hits: 72
The Pilgrims sometimes get a raw deal when it comes to their significance in our history and the American experience.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 November 2015 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 17 November 2015 11:27
- Hits: 116
Many people, perhaps understandably, consider economics to be boring. And maybe it is, but perhaps the problem is the way people look at the subject.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 12:44
- Published on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 12:44
- Hits: 422
Just what exactly is so wrong with the notion of raising the minimum wage that some politicians, mostly Republicans, break into a seething anger every time it’s mentioned? It really doesn’t make sense.
First of all, we’ve had a minimum wage since the 1930’s. It was all a part of the New Deal and was accepted, by most Americans, as a “good thing.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 09:24
- Published on Tuesday, 06 October 2015 09:24
- Hits: 467
Branding is a familiar concept in marketing and sales. It takes a long time to build a brand. But think of all the familiar brand names and the images they convey.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:33
- Published on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:33
- Hits: 312
This isn’t meant to be flippant. Quite the contrary.
But, a lot of us tend to think of the Pope, all Popes perhaps, as living on another plane. Earthly yes, but somehow, not one of the people anymore. But, the fact is, Popes have mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. They went to school and tried to sort out of the meaning of things just like everyone else.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 11:06
- Published on Tuesday, 15 September 2015 11:06
- Hits: 1521
I have a confession to make. Whether it makes me sound odd or not I don’t know. And, when I think about it, I really don’t care. But of all the TV shows I’ve watched growing up and as an adult, from “Gunsmoke” to the “Star Trek” my favorite, going away, was “Emergency!” Do you even remember it? It ran from 1972 to 1978. It was incredibly wholesome program and followed the adventures and trials of two paramedics in Los Angeles. Back then, providing emergency medical treatment at the scene of an incident was a new concept. It was even considered dangerous, but the value of this capability was rapidly proved, and this kind of early intervention in a medical emergency has saved a lot of lives.