- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:21
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 00:21
- Hits: 1633
In 1998, when Virginia, working with NASA, wanted to have Wallops Island, on our Eastern Shore, designated a Space Port, I remember thinking that it sounded a bit silly. After all Wallops Island was a test facility that for years launched nothing larger than a few small suborbital missiles for test and meteorological
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 18:04
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 00:04
- Hits: 1894
They aren’t calling themselves “Republicans for McAuliffe.” At least not yet, but Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s campaign is already touting endorsements from several prominent Virginia Republicans.
For the GOP this is a not a good sign of things to come. Losing campaigns, often those perceived as too liberal or too conservative, have often prompted the formation of “Democrats for,” or a “Republicans for,” the candidate of the other
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:13
- Hits: 1489
Today, if you visit the Normandy Coast in France you will find some very attractive and windswept beaches, some absolutely great restaurants and several nice country hotels. However, 69 years ago this week, a vacation was probably the farthest thing from the minds of the 370,000 men who took a direct part in the assault on France.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:16
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:14
- Hits: 1642
A couple of weeks ago I wrote a column about a long shot candidate for the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor: E.W. Jackson. It was an enjoyable piece to write.
There is nothing canned or carefully crafted about this guy. A former Marine, Harvard Law School and Harvard Divinity School graduate and now preacher turned politician. He says what he means, doesn’t mind
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:24
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:20
- Hits: 1578
A six year old’s perspective on coming face-to-face with what it means to lose a son
I must have been six, or maybe just a little older, but I was with my Mom, Dad, and Grandmother, and we were visiting some dear friends of hers, the Whitakers. This was Goldsboro, North Carolina, and “visiting” on
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:48
- Hits: 894
This Saturday Virginia Republicans are going to meet in convention to select their candidates for Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General. The top of the ticket. That’s easy. It’s uncontested and Ken Cucinelli will be nominated and chosen to lead the Republicans in the fall.