- Last Updated on Monday, 23 February 2015 14:57
- Published on Tuesday, 24 February 2015 00:57
- Hits: 416
I have a question for you.
Consider this scenario and tell me where this is taking place? You’re an average businessman or woman perhaps working in information technology, manufacturing, real estate or construction. Then one day, you’re arrested. Maybe you’re guilty of the charges against you, maybe you’re not.
- Last Updated on Monday, 16 February 2015 14:04
- Published on Monday, 16 February 2015 14:04
- Hits: 627
Last year it was the talk of the General Assembly.
This year, save for making the proposal and watching it get unceremoniously voted down, the expansion of Medicaid was barely talked about.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:30
- Published on Tuesday, 10 February 2015 11:30
- Hits: 1599
Have you ever wondered just what kind of saint possibly could be responsible for Valentine’s Day?
Come on, when you think of all that goes on at Valentine’s Day — from all the romantic greeting cards to the Victoria Secret special surprise gifts — I have a tough time imagining the saint who could be behind it all. All I can say is that he must have been quite a guy, or at the very least not your average saint.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 09:49
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015 09:49
- Hits: 537
Richmond has a funny smell these days. And no, I don’t mean the kind you sense when you take a deep breath.
Though, I guess in a way, there are similarities. Rather I am thinking of the ethics and morals of the legislature and the state government. Something seems to have gone off track.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 00:26
- Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 00:25
- Hits: 668
Most of us, if asked, can name someone from history we particularly admire. Maybe several.
Topping my list has always been Winston Churchill. He died 50 years ago in January 1965. There was nothing particularly tragic in his passing. He was 90 years old and had lived a full life. But, his death represented the passing an era. Maybe, given the tremendous scope of his life, several eras.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 13:53
- Published on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 13:53
- Hits: 578
When it comes to running a legislative calendar, the Virginia General Assembly functions like clockwork.
It has too.
The “long” session is 60 legislative days and the short session, which we’re in this year, is 45 legislative days. Given various holidays and interruptions that’s about two months in Richmond. That would be fine if the delegates and senators only had to work through a handful of bills. That’s far from the case. Often they have hundreds of bills to consider.