- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 15:25
- Published on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 15:25
- Hits: 129
Two judges came to a verdict last week in King George and pronounced the need for a new courthouse in King George County.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 14:27
- Published on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 14:27
- Hits: 122
The need for a freestanding emergency room in King George was outlined and stressed at a regional meeting of stakeholders, elected officials and health care providers on July 11 in King George.
But the high cost of construction and staffing such a facility required by industry regulations could be out of reach.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 10:06
- Published on Tuesday, 21 June 2016 10:06
- Hits: 569
King George County attorney Eric Gregory provided a brief update to the county Board of Supervisors on June 7 on the status of the state’s review process for its oil and gas drilling regulations under revision by the Virginia
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:02
- Published on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:02
- Hits: 596
King George Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Ruby Brabo unveiled her vision for the county’s future and its economic development at an annual business appreciation event on May 18 in front of a crowd of about 125 business leaders.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 12:52
- Published on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 12:52
- Hits: 546
Raises still included for some
The King George County School Board approved a list of reductions to cut from their proposed 2016-17 budget request to match the actual appropriation amount approved by the King George County Board of Supervisors.
Superintendent Rob Benson said the governing body had approved $40,021,460 for the School Board operating fund budget for 2016-17. The amount was $574,903 less than the amount requested.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 15:10
- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 15:10
- Hits: 774
Yolanda Williams successfully persuaded the King George County Board of Supervisors to consider allowing backyard beekeeping with up to 10 hives in Residential zoning. That was back on March 15. The board directed the request be sent to the Planning Commission to explore the issue and provide a report.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:53
- Published on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:53
- Hits: 791
The King George Board of Supervisors authorized a purchase order in the amount of $43,000 for Draper Aden Associates to provide preliminary engineering services associated with the feasibility of proposals to decommission Oakland Park and Purkins Corner wastewater treatment plants. The idea is to instead convey flows the Hopyard wastewater treatment plant.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 10:22
- Published on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 10:22
- Hits: 736
The King George County Board of Supervisors will hold public hearings on its proposed $75.2 million 2016-17 budget, as well as on proposed tax increases of 7 cents on real estate taxes and 25 cents more on personal property taxes.