King George Board authorizes county attorney to take action re Project FAITH, if HELP Center footers not poured by Aug. 1
- Last Updated on Monday, 22 July 2013 10:14
- Published on Thursday, 18 July 2013 12:16
- Hits: 3443
The King George Board of Supervisors took action this week to authorize the county attorney to start a potential time clock on Aug. 1 for reversion of the 5.53 acres of donated land back from Project FAITH, should footers not be poured for the proposed HELP Center’s four buildings.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 00:22
- Hits: 2959
The King George Board of Supervisors recently authorized Travis Quesenberry, county administrator, to execute an extension to an option agreement for the county to purchase 343 acres in the Sealston area of the county for $10 million, based on a price of $29,149 per acre.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 14:37
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:26
- Hits: 3441
The King George Wireless Authority heard from a couple of new residents asking for assistance in obtaining high speed broadband Internet service at their residence at a reasonable cost.
The comments were made at last week’s meeting during public comment time on June 25 by Rusty Huyck
- Last Updated on Saturday, 06 July 2013 11:25
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:24
- Hits: 2086
Support for project waning
Project FAITH executive director Froncé Wardlaw appeared last week at a meeting of the King George Board of Supervisors to report on a controversial proposed HELP Center project slated to be built on 5.5 acres of land provided free by the county in May 2012. That’s if she can get all footings poured by Aug. 1, as
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:13
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:12
- Hits: 2616
King George Supervisors last week on June 4 unanimously adopted a revised draft noise ordinance following a second public hearing with some new amendments.
The new ordinance was developed by county attorney Eric Gregory with lots of input from the Board of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:10
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:06
- Hits: 2075
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue provided information to King George Supervisors at last week’s meeting on June 4, indicating what the visual effect would be of a proposed vertical expansion of the landfill by allowing it to go 100 feet higher.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:54
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 3831
About 50 people were present at a public hearing in King George on May 21 to hear Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) Northern Neck Residency administrator David Brown provide an overview and slides on the 2014-19 Six Year Plan for secondary road improvements.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:12
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:10
- Hits: 1994
Following public hearings on both cases last week, the King George Board of Supervisors unanimously approved cases that will allow Terra Products LLC to establish its concrete product business in a vacant industrial building in Dogue, and for the keeping of horses as pets in some subdivisions with specific conditions. The actions were taken at the meeting on May 21.