- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 17:57
- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:57
- Hits: 2622
The King George Board of Supervisors has fleshed out a portion of its budget process by setting some initial work session meetings, along with some other special meetings for additional county matters.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:55
- Hits: 2797
Two of Dahlgren Supervisor Ruby Brabo’s supporters publicly attempted to assist her at the last meeting to gain additional influence on the King George Board of Supervisors.
Warren Veazey and Sylvia Hudson appeared at the previous meeting of the board on Nov. 26 and asked during the public comment period that Brabo replace James Madison Supervisor Joe Grzeika on a community relations committee executive board (COMREL) established by the Naval base at Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 12:51
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:46
- Hits: 1596
Supervisors rescind adoption of 2001 board member manual
The King George Board of Supervisors voted to “un-adopt” a 2001 board member manual that had been adopted on Aug. 7 after falling by the wayside for a few years. That action took place last week at a special meeting on Nov. 26
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 00:00
- Hits: 3199
Dahlgren Road project:
While public opposition to the Dahlgren Road improvement project continues to grow, the previous unanimity on the issue by the Board of Supervisors could be disintegrating.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 15:22
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:46
- Hits: 2677
Preparation for a real estate reassessment by Blue Ridge Mass Appraisals of Staunton is getting underway in King George and will run through most of 2013.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:22
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 17:21
- Hits: 2022
An “official protest of impropriety” lodged with King George county administrator Travis Quesenberry and Registrar Lorrie Gump by James Monroe Supervisor John LoBuglio on Monday, Oct. 15, will not be pursued at law by interim county attorney Jeff Gore.
- Last Updated on Friday, 26 October 2012 15:57
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 14:03
- Hits: 995
The King George Board of Supervisors welcomed Jeff Gore to his first meeting as interim county attorney earlier this month on Oct. 2. Gore and his firm, Hefty & Wiley, P.C. of Richmond are filling the vacancy in the position due to the resignation of Matt Britton, effective on Sept. 30.
- Last Updated on Friday, 26 October 2012 15:58
- Published on Wednesday, 24 October 2012 14:02
- Hits: 870
King George County is projecting to have a surplus of over $2 million for 2011-12, which ended on June 30. Surprisingly, the School Board is also projected to have a surplus currently estimated at $408,289.