- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:54
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:54
- Hits: 4011
About 50 people were present at a public hearing in King George on May 21 to hear Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) Northern Neck Residency administrator David Brown provide an overview and slides on the 2014-19 Six Year Plan for secondary road improvements.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:12
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:10
- Hits: 2111
Following public hearings on both cases last week, the King George Board of Supervisors unanimously approved cases that will allow Terra Products LLC to establish its concrete product business in a vacant industrial building in Dogue, and for the keeping of horses as pets in some subdivisions with specific conditions. The actions were taken at the meeting on May 21.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:10
- Published on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 23:09
- Hits: 2336
King George Supervisors will hold another public hearing on a newly-revised draft noise ordinance at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, June 4.
At its last meeting on May 21, the board made some significant changes to the proposed ordinance that require it to be re-advertised with another hearing to be held.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:46
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:43
- Hits: 1766
The King George Board of Supervisors heard good news at last week’s meeting on May 7 when reviewing monthly financial reports for 2012-13 provided by Donita Harper, Director of Finance and Deputy County Administrator.
The reports provided end-of-year projections for the out-months, with actual expenditures and revenues plugged in
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:40
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1651
King George Board of Supervisors are expected to review and iron out changes to a proposed noise ordinance at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, May 21.
The proposed draft is currently being tweaked by County Attorney Eric Gregory at the board’s direction, and is the topic of legal communications with board members.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:57
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:54
- Hits: 2082
King George Supervisors will hold a public hearing on a new proposed noise ordinance at its meeting next week on Tuesday, May 7. The hearing has been advertised for 6:45 p.m.
The draft ordinance can be viewed in the County Administrator’s office on the second floor of the Revercomb Building or can also be found online at the county website in the agenda packet for the meeting of the Board
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:36
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:36
- Hits: 2054
The King George Board of Supervisors is scheduled to adopt the county’s $65,489,552 proposed 2013-14 budget at this week’s special meeting set for that purpose on Tuesday, April 23 (following our press time).
The budget proposal for the next fiscal year which begins on July 1 includes $35,603,036 for the School Board’s operating fund. The average daily membership (ADM) for the division is based on an estimate of 4,100 students.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:45
- Hits: 2271
As predicted, the King Board of George Supervisors approved a grant application to the Department of Housing & Community Development last month to allow Project FAITH to ask for $700,000 in funding through the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG).