- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:35
- Hits: 2124
The King George School Board last week received a comprehensive annual report on the division Food Service program at its meeting on Oct. 28.
The review was provided by Anita Davis, who is in her second year as coordinator of the cafeteria program, which also entails managing the Cafeteria fund, a separate component of the School Board budget.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:56
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 00:52
- Hits: 5757
The King George School Board is once again talking about possible uses for the former middle school building. That topic was on the agenda as a discussion item at last week’s meeting on Sept. 9.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:26
- Hits: 4492
Standards of Learning (SOLs) pass rate scores were released late last month by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), but results are yet to be specifically explained for the King George division and all other school divisions across the state.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 18:38
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 03:38
- Hits: 3471
The King George School Board this week unanimously approved a motion as recommended by Superintendent Rob Benson to direct him to request the Board of Supervisors that if they have any funds remaining in their 2012-13 fund balance to fund the purchase of a dishwasher at Potomac Elementary School.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 10:07
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 05:01
- Hits: 3755
RECENT PURCHASES ADD UP TO $407,164
The King George School Board approved the purchase of 55 additional laptop computers and software licenses this week at a cost of $58,080, saying the additional computers were needed to complete the replacement of seven-year old laptops at the high school.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:41
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:41
- Hits: 3755
Benson gets A+ from School Board
“Mr. Benson has exceeded expectations in his first year as Superintendent of King George County Schools. He has been proactive in many situations by implementing changes that should improve our school division. Mr. Benson demonstrates a great passion for King George County, its schools, students and staff.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 00:47
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 00:47
- Hits: 1632
The King George School Board is hoping to ‘fix’ its salary scales.
By ‘fixing,’ members appear to mean getting two percent increments between each of the steps on each of the scales.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 June 2013 18:10
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:10
- Hits: 4931
The King George School Board approved salary scales earlier this month that are designed to achieve two percent increases for the 2013-14 fiscal year, which begins on July 1.
Salary scales were approved for the upcoming year for all employees, including those for teachers, therapists, paraprofessionals, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, school and guidance secretaries, central office and