- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 10:32
- Published on Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:41
- Hits: 1480
Attorney says group will give land back for that amount
Project Faith Inc., wants $300,000, or “any reasonable settlement offer,” from the King George Board of Supervisors to give the county back a parcel of land donated in mid-2012.
That’s according to attorney Peter Basanti, who represented Project Faith at an Oct. 21 meeting with the county’s supervisors.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:35
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:33
- Hits: 1872
Call it the great debt debate.
No one disputes King George has about $91.3 million in capital debt; the question is whether that’s a problem or not.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:29
- Published on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 11:29
- Hits: 1023
The Hanover-with-Brunswick Episcopal Parish celebrated its 300th anniversary with a celebration Oct. 18 at Belle Grove Plantation on the Rappahannock River in King George and an open house of the nearby Emmanuel Church.
The parishioners, area residents and tourists from as far away as Maryland were given guided tours of Emmanuel Church, which was constructed in 1859, and then enjoyed a wine tasting and concert at Belle Grove.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 13:04
- Published on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 10:14
- Hits: 1536
The gray sky set the perfect contrast to the bright fall colors of the 56th annual King George Fall Festival.
Numerous spectators lined the street of downtown King George Oct. 11 with festive anticipation.