- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 11:52
- Published on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 10:06
- Hits: 1742
7 % increase planned beginning July 1
The King George Service Authority is holding a public hearing 6:30 p.m. June 7 on the topic of raising water and sewer consumption rates by 7 percent for the coming fiscal year which begins on July 1.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:09
- Published on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:09
- Hits: 3425
The King George Planning Commission reviewed a new capital project request unveiled and distributed at the May 10 meeting by Parks & Recreation Director Tim Smith for an outdoor education and activity center at Shiloh Park.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:32
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:32
- Hits: 4104
Officials from King George, Westmoreland and Colonial Beach met last week in Colonial Beach with representatives of the Naval Support Facility in Dahlgren to discuss the Navy's growing economic impact on the area.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:28
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:28
- Hits: 6433
OK lease contract for solar panel facility
The King George County Economic Development Authority unanimously approved a lease and option to buy on May 12 with Coronal Development Services LLC, to build a solar electric power generation facility at the King George Industrial Park.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:14
- Published on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 12:14
- Hits: 3896
The Leckner Ford and Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram grand opening took place on May 14, with lots of customers, community groups, associates, celebrities and King George officials helping to celebrate.
It featured NASCAR driver David Polenz No. 33, country singer Tommy Wood, free food, pony rides and other activities for children, along with prizes and a live radio broadcast.