- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 14:37
- Published on Thursday, 10 October 2013 14:37
- Hits: 1963
Breach of contract cited, fraud and misrepresentation alleged
King George County this week filed a lawsuit to get back a 5.53-acre parcel of land given to Project FAITH, Inc., in 2012 that asks the Circuit Court to rescind the Deed of Gift and Performance Agreement, “as though the subject deed and agreement never existed.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:20
- Hits: 1905
At the Masonic Lodge #314, Inasmuch volunteers constructed a covered entrance to the building as part of a county-wide day of service and compassion Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:19
- Hits: 1696
The King George Board of Supervisors was provided a substantial report on the King George Family YMCA that opened in the county five years ago.
The report to the community was provided at the Oct. 1 meeting of the Board of Supervisors by Elizabeth Clark, executive director of the King George Family YMCA since it opened, with help from a couple of her board members, David Clare and Jim Howard, giving details about YMCA programs.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:11
- Hits: 1344
Tax holiday this weekend, Oct. 11-14
Virginia’s seventh annual Energy Star and WaterSense Sales Tax Holiday returns this Friday, Oct. 11, and lasts through Monday, Oct. 14 for the entire Columbus Day Holiday weekend.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:07
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:07
- Hits: 1330
A proposed lease for Hunter Field and the gym at old King George Elementary School could be one of the topics at an upcoming joint meeting proposed to take place between the King George Board of Supervisors and the county School Board. No date has been set yet.