- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:17
- Hits: 2240
Traffic signal going in at Owens intersection
The King George Board of Supervisors are being updated this week on three important transportation improvement projects slated to be undertaken within the county by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) over the next couple of years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:15
- Hits: 1652
King George Elementary School was recognized by the state last week as one of 57 Title I schools honored for raising the academic achievement of its economically disadvantaged students over the last two years.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 13:13
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 13:13
- Hits: 2520
It is a tradition for the King George Board of Supervisors to look back at what county departments worked on over the year.
During the board’s final meeting of the year on Dec. 17, Board of Supervisors chairman, Dale Sisson, read numerous items from a list of accomplishments and activities of the county departments over the course of 2013.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 00:22
- Published on Wednesday, 01 January 2014 00:22
- Hits: 2939
Residents in King George clearly expect fracking issues to be at the forefront of public discussion during 2014.
Resident Mary Trout commented on the topic during the Dec. 17 meeting of the Board of Supervisors, which spawned remarks from several elected officials, all expressing concerns.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 13:24
- Published on Tuesday, 31 December 2013 13:24
- Hits: 2849
A prompt response by the King George Sheriff’s Office has led to the arrest of two Washington, DC men after they are alleged to have robbed the Last Chance Tobacco store in Dahlgren last week.
The armed robbery occurred at 6:39 p.m. on Dec. 23, at the small store located at 4963 James Madison Parkway (U.S. 301). An old model green Jeep Cherokee pulled into the store’s parking lot, and a man armed with a handgun got out of the vehicle and entered the store.