- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:16
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:57
- Hits: 1738
Real estate reassessment by Blue Ridge Mass Appraisals of Staunton is getting underway in King George and will run through most of 2013.
King George is on a four-year reassessment cycle for property values, which means that when assessments are completed, they will go into effect Jan. 1, 2014. The Code of Virginia requires each locality to periodically perform a general reassessment to determine each property’s fair market value and its equalization in value to similar
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:15
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:41
- Hits: 1398
The website of the King George school division got caught in a cyber attack beginning late last week, with third-party hackers believed to be clogging the web address resulting in a ‘denial of service’ (DoS).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:50
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:49
- Hits: 1847
The Snow Queen, aka the Fall Festival Queen, read to the children at Santaland Saturday morning. This is the 17th year the Woman’s Club of King George has organized this event which give kids a chance to visit with Santa and select gifts for their family members that are both very nice and very inexpensive. Visitors to Santaland were lined up outside the doors of the former Post Office building on Route 3 to enjoy crafts and purchase some goodies at the bake sale.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:40
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:21
- Hits: 2108
A Ralph Bunche advisory committee established by the King George Board of Supervisors will host representatives from the Virginia Department of Historic Resources at its meeting next week.
- Last Updated on Friday, 30 November 2012 13:35
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 12:05
- Hits: 1847
editor's note: we received revised numbers, to see the correction, please press here.
Traffic light likely to be added later
The latest design for the Owens intersection on Dahlgren Road (Route 206) would acquire significantly fewer properties than originally planned, down from 24 parcels to needing six parcels for right-of-way.