- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 11:16
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 03:26
- Hits: 2169
(*Note: The Journal has obtained public documents cited in this matter as a result of numerous sequential requests of county officials and they have been properly provided in accordance with state law under provisions of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.)
Project FAITH has provided a response to a July 1 letter from King George county attorney Eric Gregory that requested details about Project FAITH’s plans for proceeding with its HELP center project. But no actual financial details or project timeline was provided.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 18:30
- Published on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 18:30
- Hits: 1815
King George Supervisors last week received a planned report from Sheriff Steve Dempsey, who talked about 34 noise complaints received since a revised noise ordinance was adopted on June 4. Here’s a review of the current noise ordinance to provide context for review of the facts presented from Dempsey’s report.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:29
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:29
- Hits: 2231
King George is in receipt of six bids for renovations of an existing building and various site improvements at a county-owned property on US 301 that was known as the “auto auction property.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:51
- Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 09:51
- Hits: 2257
HELP Center deadline passes without start of construction
Project FAITH received a Notice of Default from King George last Friday.
The Aug. 2 letter was sent by King George county attorney Eric Gregory to put Project FAITH on notice that it failed to comply with the terms of the Deed of Gift and the Performance agreement, as amended, regarding commencement of construction of a proposed HELP Center.