- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:29
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:29
- Hits: 1697
Absentee voting available now for Nov. 5 election
Don’t forget to vote next week on Tuesday, Nov. 5. The Governorship and three local offices are up for grabs. On Election Day the polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This is an off-year election, which traditionally has low voter turnout for some very important statewide offices, in addition to contested local offices in some King George election districts. Candidates are listed below.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:35
- Hits: 2178
Ruth Herrink was remembered by King George leaders last week.
Condolences were expressed by several members of the King George Board of Supervisors at their meeting last week on Oct. 15, three days after the death of The Journal’s editor and publisher who died Saturday, Oct. 12 at the age of 87.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:31
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:31
- Hits: 1852
The Board of Supervisors last week agreed to nix an offer from Dominion Power to plant trees in front of the historic Ralph Bunche high school property.
The discussion took place at last week’s meeting on Oct. 15, sparked by an agenda item that brought Tim Smith, county director of Parks & Recreation, to the podium to talk about the landscaping offer from Dominion Power.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:17
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:17
- Hits: 2948
Kathryn Strauss (right) was crowned 2013 Fall Festival Queen. Clara Brabo (left) was crowned the 2013 Teen Fall Festival Queen.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:51
- Hits: 2278
Despite the fact that Congress enacted the Violence Against Women Act 20 years ago, the fight against domestic violence continues. In the United States, one woman in four, and one man in seven will be the victim of domestic violence in their lifetime.