- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 13:06
- Hits: 2400
Set-up for Operation Sharehouse began at noon on Sunday, Nov. 18 at the King George Family YMCA. The first shift of volunteers from partner, NSWC Federal Credit Union unloaded tables from the trailer, courtesy of KG Builders Association, and set them up in half of the basketball court of the gym.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:12
- Hits: 2377
Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) latest design plan for widening sections of Dahlgren Road (Route 206) at the Owens intersection with Windsor Drive (Route 218) and Owens Road (Route 624) is expected to be on display at next week’s work session meeting of the King George Board of Supervisors.
At least a couple of supervisors have seen recent versions of the changing design. Those include At-Large Supervisor Dale Sisson and Dahlgren Supervisor Ruby Brabo.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 14:12
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:49
- Hits: 3470
Dahlgren cancels event
Fireworks have been cancelled in King George for Fourth of July, 2013.
As in 2008 through 2010, residents will again have to go out of the county if they wish to view a fireworks display during their 2013 Fourth of July celebrations.
The Board of Supervisors reluctantly made the decision at a meeting last week on Nov. 6.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:46
- Published on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:43
- Hits: 2567
My interview was with Commander William M. Pinto, USN (Ret.). He was born on March 31, 1962, in Somerville, New Jersey. He served in the United States Navy for twenty-one years, from March 1985 to October 2006. He chose to serve in the Navy, although he considered the Marine Corps. His godfather had been in the Navy during World War II and he liked being at sea. He had an opportunity in college to experience life on submarines, onboard a ship, and in aircraft; ultimately he chose the sea.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:38
- Published on Saturday, 10 November 2012 14:38
- Hits: 1416
The veteran I interviewed was my brother Frankie. I don’t get to see him as much as I would like to so that’s why I chose him.