- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:52
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:52
- Hits: 1861
For the fifth time, runners gathered at the Bloomsbury Road trail head for the half-marathon on the DRHT. A record 144 runners completed the course, which ran a little over six and a half miles down the trail, and then back.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:55
- Published on Wednesday, 19 February 2014 14:55
- Hits: 1769
Governor McAuliffe cites Virginia as 3rd in nation on AP tests
The King George school division was recognized by the College Board last week as being one of only six public school divisions in Virginia that made the College Board’s 2014 AP Honor Roll for raising achievement on Advanced Placement (AP) examinations while increasing access to the courses.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 11:55
- Published on Wednesday, 12 February 2014 11:55
- Hits: 2148
Lawyers for both sides filed legal briefs during January in the action initiated by King George last October against Project Faith to get it to return, or alternatively, allow a 5.53-acre parcel of land, to revert to the county’s ownership.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:29
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:29
- Hits: 2428
A Virginia eye doctor, who saw the impact of helping underprivileged children get eye exams and glasses when he helped provide 5,000 pairs of glasses to people in Peru, will be examining children in King George County schools beginning this month and providing free glasses to those who cannot afford them.